Monday, September 21, 2015

My personal battle with rheumatoid arthritis.

I went to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit on 29 December 2010 with suspected statin poisoning. I ended up being diagnosed with an acute rheumatoid arthritis attack. That was the beginning of my grueling battle with RA flare-ups and physical incapacitation.

I spent the first 3 days of the New Year battling what would be the most painful experience of my life. The next 3 days were spent fighting to regain my ability to sit up, stand and walk.

I managed to walk out of the hospital with the aid of a cane, the help of my physiotherapist, and a bagful of drugs.

It took me 3 years to get back to physical fitness, and rid myself of the constant aches and pains. And best of all, the poisons that were supposed to make me feel better and slow down the deterioration of my joints. Today, I walk without a cane. The last flare-up I had was towards the end of 2013.

This blog is to document how I managed to use exercise, change in diet and lifestyle, and the use of natural remedies in place of drugs, to get to where I am now.


I hope that by sharing my experience, as suggested by my good doctor, I may be able to help other fellow rheumatoid arthritis sufferers. I managed to push my RA into remission for nearly 2 years now, so why not others like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment